Sunday, September 25, 2011

Which Book Cover?

Please help me decide which book cover to choose from for the second edition of my mystery novel, Diary of Murder. My books were orphaned when my publisher died recenlty and I'm trying to upload again online. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I'll draw names from among those who comment for a free print copy when it's published next month (or a Kindle or Nook, if you prefer).

Thanks for your help!


Or none of the above. :)

If you're unable to leave a comment, you can email me at: http://www.jeanhenrymead.com/contact.htm

6 comments:

  1. The bottom one has a lot of potential, I think. Even more than the eye-catching title in red.

    Good luck with the book.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first one that's in color. The dark ones look cool, but I find myself searching for details and they are kind of murky. The color one stands out more, but you might brighten the red in the title. Maybe the red from the second one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first one. The other two are dark and moody, but that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with the red and gold print with the black background. All three have background photos that either are difficult to see what they depict. My best suggestion is to go with an all black cover with red lettered title & gold subtitle and author name. Or choose a more appropriate background photo and make it small, i.e., not the entire cover. The background photos on all three examples do not add anything to the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your good advice and comments, Malcolm, Dellani, Writer Lady and Penny. I've received quite a few more in email.

    Penny, the same background photo is in each book. I took the photo of the area where most of the novel's action takes place during early spring in central Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jean. I like the one on the top right. The red makes a nice set with your two other titles with red titles.

    ReplyDelete